Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hello 2013 and Hello Pinterest!

The first week of 2013 proved wonderful.  I started another cleanse.  I seriously love cleansing.  It is so necessary.  You know that popular quote, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."  Well I would like to re-write it, "Nothing tastes as great as cleansing feels."  My journey with AdvoCare has little to do with weight any more.  We no longer have a scale in the house.  I could care less how much I weigh.  I am OBSESSED with how I feel when I eat clean, drink tons of water and supplement correctly.  I have three children, 3 years and under.  My health and energy levels are necessary to my survival (and my sanity) on so many levels.
 
What else did the first week of 2013 reveal to us you might ask?  PINTEREST!  OMG where have we been?  Tyler got an account today also.  We were signing each other out on our ONE computer all day.  All I know is since I discovered Pinterest on Wednesday, I have already painted Pippa's room AND the breakfast nook so he better get to all those landscaping projects he has been pinning, lol!
 
So this is what we got done in Pippa's room!


 
  These two walls are yellow while the other two are lilac.  I have already been asked how we managed to get the stripes done and looking straight.  Here is the tutorial we followed!  http://unskinnyboppy.com/.../lazy-girls-timesaving-tips-for-painting/  Will post photos of the final reveal when we are done!
 
We also got started on a sweet little DIY Reading Tree for the nursery.  Tyler free handed the tree (he is beyond artistic and talented!) and I painted it.  I love the blue print, his attention to detail and the measurements.  He has a background in architecture ;)  I will definitely be saving it to show Nico one day.  She is so loved...




 
I managed to paint the breakfast nook today also.  MAN that was a beating.  Two blisters and multiple hand cramps later I will be hiring someone to paint the kitchen, lol! 
 
So our week consisted of cleansing and home projects!  I will be posting some recipes to the Bites page here in a bit :)  Hope you all enjoyed the first week of the year.  We sure did! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment